What will you do?
You and your data team-colleagues will be responsible for further developing our ML-based soft-fruit yield prediction models. Your analytical skills and up-to-date knowledge of ML techniques will be key for accelerating our success.
Based on our continuously flow of live data, collected by our IoT sensors and cameras in the field, you will analyse, perform feature engineering, and build further on our forecast solution.
Next to analytics, all team members are building the full solution, that includes develop, monitor and update a production ready solution that can be used to improve the latest forecasting models.
What we are looking for:
- Solid analytical skills, statistics knowledge and programming skills are required
- Min. 3 years’ work-experience and / or a relevant background in a scientific related study (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related study)
- Good understanding of Python, R or another analytical tool
- Strong communicator, passionate about your work and our product. Able to bring your suggestions, improvements and discussion points across to both the team, other stakeholders and clients in clear visual data presentations.
- Experience with open-source big data technologies and platforms (e.g., sci-kit learn, MLFlow, Git, Spark, Databricks, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with cloud environment, such as Microsoft Azure, is a plus
- Background or passionate about agriculture is a plus
- A result-oriented person that is motivated by continuous improvement and gaining knowledge.
- Willing and capable to bring our start-up to the next level with your skills
What we offer:
- A crucial and challenging position in a dynamic and innovative AgriTech start up.
- Room for self-development and growth supported and coached by experienced colleagues.
- An ambitious and enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team to work with. Dedicated to solve together a real-world challenge in an innovative and impactful way.
- A competitive salary with room to grow
- Flexibility in working at home and office*
- Young and creative environment with state-of-the-art technology
- Full-time contract (negotiable if other is required)
*) Our office is based in Eindhoven at Strijp-T. You are flexible to work from home, but we have some mandatory working days together at the office.
YieldComputer is an AgriTech start-up which is using (AI) technology and IoT, to help the soft fruit sector (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries) to drastically improve the accuracy of their harvests forecasts. With our product, this primary sector can become more resilient and sustainable, by having a better negotiation and/or partner position, through better information, towards the large purchasing retailers.
More accurate yield forecasts also leads to a more efficient and sustainable use of resources. Surpluses are identified more timely and as a result fresh soft fruit is less unnecessarily sold and processed industrially or disposed as waste. In addition, fruit, in which many resources have been put, is prevented from remaining unnecessarily in the field.
- We would like to receive your application accompanied with your CV and introduction/motivation letter.
- After an evaluation of your application and when we see a match, we will invite you for a first introduction meeting. Which will be held with 2 colleagues with at least one data science team member, so you can ask your questions about the position, and we will get to know you more.
- When we both are still excited, we will have, most of the time, a second interview. To meet other colleagues from our company, talk about how to fill in the position and expectations both ways.
- After this meeting you will receive an offer, which you can reply to.
- And you have joined the team. HURRAY!!!
Please send in your application to:
Rinse Liefferink (firstname.lastname@example.org)